Saturday, September 18, 2010

Egg (Restaurant Review)

So I recently decided it was time for me to go running again after months of physical therapy and being dormant from the humid summer in NYC. My friend I did a quick 5M run over the Williamsburg Bridge--straight out and back, pretty easy and relaxing despite that a**hole cyclist that yelled at us! Of course we got hungry after and had planned on brunching over at Egg on North 5th Street and Bedford over in Williamsburg as our reward!
So what was brunch at Egg like and are the Yelp/Google reviews really true?

For the most part, yes! The food is really good, the coffee strong, and the wait...well, kind of long so be patient and hopefully you're not stark raving hungry as you wait to be seated. It's a small restaurant, with blank white walls and minimal seating. My favorite part of the simple decorum were the little candle-like jars filled with crayons so you can color on the white paper tablecloth as you wait for your food to arrive! Obviously lots of hipsters frequent this hot spot because of the location, but don't let that fool you because there are quite a few Manhattanites that come in from the city to have a taste for themselves.

We started out with the Brioche French Toast, which was very delish--I have a thing for French Toast, but never can finish an order myself, so we decided to order it as an appetizer to share! What a great decision that was! I also ordered the Eggs Rothco which came with a side of broiled tomatoes and veggies or bacon/sausage for you meat eaters. My friend ordered the Grafton Cheddar Omelet w/ Broiled Tomatoes, which was just as tasty. I've never had broiled tomatoes as a side and was pleasantly surprised at how flavorful they tasted. So if you're in the area, you should definitely check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment