Sunday, May 23, 2010

May Flowers Bake Sale!!

I held one last bake sale before the summer starts and the theme for the month was May Flowers. Everyone at work was complaining that it was hard for them to go on a diet because of my bake sales...little did they know that I always try to cut out as much fat as possible without ruining the flavors of these tasty treats!

I baked Thumbprint Hazelnut Shortbread Cookies filled with Apricot, Strawberry, and Raspberry preserves. I cut out half the sugar and instead of butter, I used coconut oil. Coconut oil is a lot healtheir for your body because it helps increase your metabolism and is high in lauric acid which helps fight virusus in your body.
I baked Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream Frosting. I tried using coconut oil to make the frosting, but I cound not skimp out on the butter...The raspberry flavor did not go very well with the coconut and left a strange after taste so I had to stick to the orginal recipe, but it was still Gluten Free!


Lastly, I baked Cinnamon Streusel Cupcakes with Honey Cinnamon Frosting! These cupcakes did not sell as well as I had hoped. I guess people are not huge fans of cinnamon flavored things unless it comes in the form of a cinnamon roll, right?! Maybe that will be next on my list of things to bake...

No comments:

Post a Comment